It’s been a bad week for current and former students. Here are this week’s personal data exposure reports:
- Graduates of Troy Athens HS in the Detroit area are fuming that their personal data were stored on a lost hard drive. It had taken them two months before notifying the affected alumni members.
- Brock University donors’ personal information such as credit card numbers and bank accounts were stolen by hackers.
- A stolen laptop from Adams State College exposes students participating in the Upward Bound program.
- The Census Bureau in Austin is missing 15 handheld devices which contain personal information belonging to several Travis County residents.
- University of Texas at Arlington students are on alert for identity theft after being notified that their information was stored on two computers stolen from a faculty member’s home. UTA has created a website for more information.
Special thanks to Patricia for providing these tips. I’ve been lagging behind on the reports. Now that I’m no longer on vacation, I will update this blog more often. Thanks for your patience folks!